Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Garden

Here is Hawaii we are blessed to have so much sun to enjoy.  By far my favorite thing to do with my kids is to work out in my garden.  My loving husband follows my crazy ideas and helps me out with them.  My loving mother sacrifices her yard for my joy in getting dirty and loves to reap the benefits (like my eggplants).

 It started of with just pots on my old bamboo bed frame.  The frame was breaking down and I did not want my kids getting hurt from the bamboo and nails popping up.  But I could not throw it away cause it was still in good solid condition.  So it became my garden table.


 Then we reorganized the house and had extra boards that used to be a shelf with hollow tile.  Now it is a planter box that I made and painted with my kids and sits on top of the tile.

But I could not stop there and expanded more.
 Here is a more updated photo.  I have added two tomato plants and two bell pepper plants.
 Dirt is so expensive here and only goes so far.  So I have started a compost in a bin.  I have been wanting to do this for awhile and finally learned of this bin idea.  I love it. 


And here is my daughters garden.  If you look closely you can spy a wooden block with two pots with her dirt and a little weed for a plant.  She was walking around with it and I asked her what she was doing.  She said she was making her garden and later I found this.  Isn't she cute!

No comments: