Wednesday, February 22, 2012

More on my Garden

Pinneaples
Pinneaples take several years to fruit.  Mine finally have a flower coming out.  Yay!

My compost box/box garden
It was doing so well it ended up being my box garden.  Anything I grow in it goes wild.  The Hawaiian chili pepper plant took off and I have too many for my taste buds.  The Kalo is also taking root and I harvested some leaves already and made a beef stew.

(M-ala: means garden)

New Box Garden
Since my previous box garden did so well, minus the bugs, I decided one more would be great.  This time I have poison for the bugs.  But the way our yard is there is no flat surface.  So my husband built me a beautiful rock wall from the rocks in the yard after digging out the grass and made a wall.  He is great!

New Compost
And since the box compost became the box garden, we decided to invest in a real compost and we love it.  There is no back log of compost able material anymore.  Our worms are nice and fat.


No comments: