Thursday, October 14, 2010

Boo!

 Halloween is coming and I have been crazy busy trying to scrap together costumes for my entire family.  We are planning on being the Incredible's.  My daughter loves to play Violet.  My husband loves to pass out candy to all the kids and I love to craft.  So I have been seeing lots of everyone's Halloween crafts and have started some.  Here are my eyes.  I also made a sign saying "BOO".

 I am not sure where I want to place the eyes on the board, but the other eyes will be around it in the yard.
I had been saving some egg cartons to make good buddy burners with sawdust and wax in them.  But I thought I could spare some to make these eyes.  I would suggest to cut around them better so that they look more round like eyes.  Thanks to my sister for that critique.  I left a little tab in the middle to help mount it.  I did not paint it till I mounted it.  I paint it whatever color it is mounted on.  So for this picture I would paint it black.

Update:
Here's where I put it.
In my aloe plant near the front door.  I was going to trim it while working in the garden.  But then I saw a perfect place to put my "eyes" and decided this wild and crazy bush was perfect.  So trimming will have to wait till after Halloween.

1 comment:

Brittney said...

I seriously LOVE this!!! Can I just follow you around and copy you all day!