Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Marshmallows in winter!


I was asked to teach a song at a primary activity and the theme was pioneers.  So we sang The Pioneer Children Sang as they Walked.   As a reward I made these Marshmallow treats.  We couldn't make a fire so this was the closest to a roasted marshmallow I could do.


So after they learned the song they had to sing it around my homemade fire that I hid under a table at the other end of the room.  We turned the lights off and I had my husbands headlamp, with a red light, and a Halloween blinking light in it, so that it looked like a flickering flame.


And it worked out so great!  They sang and after they each got to have their treat.

If you want to try this out I found several sites.  Like Chica and Jo http://www.chicaandjo.com/2008/06/19/chocolate-covered-marshmallow-treats/. I took their instructions and found some quick melting chocolate in the walmart cake section instead of the Wilton chocolate and I used small skewers.  I used cups with covers and put it upside down to use as a cover for distribution.  You could also use bags.  The cups for me were cheaper and easier to use. I live in hot Hawaii and the chocolate melts too fast to neatly put in a bag.

Have Fun!


No comments: