Monday, September 13, 2010

More lei's

I love making these.  They are so easy and fun.  It is a simple straw lei.
These are my less expensive ones.
They only require one straw and half a ball of yarn.  I like to mix at least two colors.  The first one is red and yellow.  The second one in pink and silver.
But my most favorite ones are more expensive but beautiful.  They are more full and require the whole ball of yarn.  This one is crocheted.
And this last one is black and red and I had to use three straws I think.  I like them with the kukui nut at the ends.  Not sure if I like the ones that are decorated or just plane.  I tried out both.

They are popular in Hawaii and remind me of how the Hawaiian's made Feather lei's.  Takes me back to my ancestors.  Such intricate work.

No comments: