Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas Cards and stockings

Here is my little Christmas blurb since Christmas has come and gone and I was too sick to post about it.  But it does not mean I did nothing!

With nieces and nephews and kids of my own, our house was full of people and lots of stuff going on.

First is my families Christmas cards that I made and we sent them out.  (Still have two more to send, I ran out of postage, you are still loved!)

 So I chose the snow globe design from the doodle charms Cricut cartridge.  Now for our picture.  We have yet to take them.  So when the snow fell onto Mauna Kea and Mauna Loa, I had to drive my family up the saddle and take as many pictures as we could.  We basically had to race the clouds to catch the best pics.  And it was great fun.  Thanks to my sis for taking the adventure with us and snapping all the pics.  I also took them on a small hike in which we used one of the pics from.


Pictures all chosen and ordered to size.  My snow globe was ready and I proceeded to glue.  One side first and then exacto knife the edges off.  This started to hurt.  So I found the craft scissors I got a while back and that worked great.  After the first side was finished I glues on the second side and after it dried I cut the edges of it and voila!


Our cute Christmas card.  I had my sister design the writing for the bottom.  Which of course consisted of our names and "Mele Kalikimaka a me Hau'oli Makahiki Hou!"

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Ok, next project.  We made stockings for the kids cause they forgot them in Oahu.  So if I make for my niece and nephews I have to make for my kids too, right!?  So bring out the scrap material.   My Mom made the pattern and my sister, Mom Andrea, cut out the material.  After the kids each picked their own material.  All the more fun for them.  Then onto the sewing machine I went.


After I finished they got to pick the ribbon to accent the stocking.  They totally loved it.  I would like to say they loved it more then the goodies Santa put inside.  :)  But that's just my opinion.  The green one was two different material so I folded the top so that you can see it.  Cute aren't they.  :)

1 comment:

Adam and Aubrey said...

So.... can I order some stockings?! And I'm SUPER SERIOUS! I would LOVE to buy some! The 2 on the left (the blue ones), and the pink one... and maybe another blue/boyish looking one? I'm SERIOUS! You tell me how much! I will pay you and shipping! They are GORGEOUS!

(ps, I LOVED your Christmas card! It was so creative, I'm so boring!)